The 10 tips are listed below. Refer to the Adjunct Assistance article for more information.
Cast your vote in the poll at the right. What do you think is the most important thing for a college instructor to do in order to establish rapport with students?
- Ask Them About Themselves
- Address Them By Name
- Relate to Them as Individuals
- Respond Promptly to Their Voice Mail and Email
- Return Homework and Tests Promptly
- Answer Their Questions
- Arrive Early and Leave Late
- Give Them a Voice
- Admit It When You Are Wrong
What do you think? Which of these tips is the most important for establishing rapport with your students? Perhaps it is something else altogether.
© 2011 The Teaching Doc
April 18, 2011